Thursday, June 25, 2009

Latest farm share

Today I picked up my fourth box. It had:

1 Avacado
6 Beets
3 Bok Choy
2 small Cabbages
About 12 Carrots
1 bunch Celery
small bunch Collard Greens
2 large Cucumbers
Cherries
Fennel
4 Leeks
2 heads of Lettuce
3 Grapefruits
5 Oranges
About 10 Radishes

I was disappointed there were not strawberries, but the cherries are delicious, better than any store bought cherries I've had in years.

I know I'll make stir fry with the carrots, celery, bok choy and possibly cabbage and leeks. And we'll have some good salads with the lettuce. But I'm dreading cooking collard greens again. And I'm also not sure what I'll do with the fennel, which is not a flavor I particularly like, but I am going to give it a try. I've never eaten fresh fennel.

No comments:

Post a Comment