Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Flavor Bible

By and far my biggest inspiration for new recipes based on the fresh produce I am getting is The Flavor Bible. It's not a cookbook in the traditional sense, but I already can't imagine cooking without it.

The Flavor Bible lets me look up ingredients alphabetically and see what ingredients complement it. When I wanted to stir fry some bok choy, I discovered that it went well with the carrots and celery I also had from the farm share, as well as mushrooms, shallots, garlic, and chicken, other ingredients I happened to have on hand.

I've been telling all my friends who enjoy creating new recipes about this book. Anyone who likes to cook based on what they have on hand rather than by planning and shopping ahead of time, will love this book. I received this book for Christmas and opened it a few times earlier this year. But since joining the CSA farm, I use this book several times per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment